Thursday, August 27, 2009

Seven Quick Takes (Vol 2)


Please link over to Conversion Diary to check out her blog. Thanks for hosting Seven Quick Takes!

1. Prayer of the week:
Take, Lord, and receive all my liberty,
my memory, my understanding, and my entire will.
To you, Lord, I return it.
Everything is yours.
Do with it what You will.
Give me only Your love and Your grace.
That is enough for me.

2. From the Saints:
"God is love" and in this phrase, as a mirror reflects a person's face, and as the sun reflects its light on the earth, so this phrase reflects in my soul that all God's works, whatsoever they are, are love alone." -St. Catherine of Sienna

3. Quote of the week:
"I am a little pencil in the hands of a writing God, who is sending a love letter to the world." -Blessed Teresa of Calcutta


4. Ruth was called by God to join a family. (read the story of Ruth here) After she joined the family, she bore children, who bore children until David was born. David's descendants bore children until Christ was born. Ruth didn't "know" the part she played in the story of our own salvation, but she did it willingly.

What part we have to play, we cannot say. We long to be faithful to God and love Him, learn more about Him and strive for His kingdom. We should pray that generations down can benefit from the work God is doing in us today.

5. Truth
If you give your life to God, He's going to take you at your word.

6. Pay attention in Mass:
Listen for :"Lord, I am not worthy to receive you, but only say the word and I shall be healed."
What does that mean to you?

7. Scripture of the Week:
"Even to the death, fight for the truth, and the Lord your God will battle for you." Sirach 4:28

No comments:

Post a Comment